Friday, April 25, 2008

Back on track

K, I’m back now...I’ve been down for almost a couple weeks now, finally went to the doctor – turns out I have the bronchitis. I missed a bunch of work because I just couldn’t stop sleeping and when I wasn’t sleeping I was hacking up some serious lung butter. Once he gave me my medicine, I started to feel better right away. My lung butter is still there and is being pretty persistent at times, but at least I no longer feel the need to stay curled up in bed.

I haven’t given a kitty story in awhile so – when we left town all quick like to get to Wisconsin, we weren’t sure for how long we’d be gone or what we should do about the kitties. Lance had set out a couple bowls of food, which for 3 cats is probably realistically 3 days worth of food – we were gone Wednesday am to Sunday pm, so 5 days. Not enough time for them to have starved, but long enough that I’m sure they got angry. We do have some pretty ambitious kitties though, so the lack of food did not hold them down. When we walked into the house, all three of them milled around our feet....then I saw their ambitiousness. I blame Henry and George, Mesa has never been one to do anything out of the kitty-norm. But the two boy kitties had gotten on top of the fridge and brought down our bags of chips, bags of bread, bags of buns, and had a feast right there on the floor. I’ve seen what George will do to a bag if we leave it in his reach, its like he takes out all pent up frustration on the bag. In seconds flat, he’ll have a crazy amount of tooth puncture holes all over the bag. This time though, he didn’t just masacre the bags, he actually ate the contents! Little kitty tooth marks in the bread and buns. If it weren’t for the circumstances I would have yelled at the kitties, but I felt bad that they felt starved.

Later that same night when I sat down with jammies on to relax, little baby Henry jumped into my lap and threw himself down with such force that he actually foofed my hair! Its our routine that in the evenings, he gets in my lap and has mom-time, he gets his belly rubbed, he gets coo’d to, he snores... I think he was upset that he didn’t get his lap time for many nights in a row, not upset enough to stay OUT of my lap, but enough that he had to show me.

No comments:

Post a Comment