Tuesday, December 9, 2008

My new favorite drink

A couple weekends ago we were at the grocery  and on one of the end caps, I saw a cranberry flavored ginger ale. It didn't sound especially yummy, but it was pink and fizzy looking and drew me in. I'd guzzled that whole 2 liter by the end of the evening. A couple days go by and each day I mention to Lance how I'd like some more cranberry ginger ale, it was good, will you go get some more? 

I'm a little surprised he didn't pick up on the urgency sooner. A few nights go by and he was out playing "Go" - I called him when I figured he'd be on his way home to say how much I really really needed that ginger ale. He didn't hear his phone ring and walked in the door just a couple minutes later. THEN he got the urgency of my need for ginger ale. He didn't even bother to take his coat off, just turned around to go get me ginger ale. 

He came home with 3 2-liters, score! I started guzzling right away and it was the best tasting thing I could have had at that moment. But then he had to point out how funny it was that not only did I really really want this ginger ale, but that I was standing in the kitchen window waiting for him to bring it to me. True, I was waiting in front of the window...I was thirsty. I didn't realize he'd see me in the window though :)

We've since made a point to keep that cranberry ginger ale in the house now. Mmmm.