Monday, February 11, 2008

Van Halen IS cool!

I've always heard my husband say this and go on and on about Eddie Van Halen being the shit on guitar, but it was one of those things that went in one ear and out the other. I just was never much of a fan, sure I knew the main songs - but I was a bit under the curve for when they were popular. Lance though, was a teen and I can picture him doing the air guitar thing...

Anyway, through no fault of my own, I ended up at the concert. We had great seats, on the floor, right up front - like I've told others, I could see their sweat!! The weather here was awful and 2 friends that had planned to go with him couldn't, so diddly do and I stepped up and went instead. It was really kinda funny, she and I had just been saying the weekend before that neither of us really liked them and so were just fine not going along. I have to admit though, I'm totally glad I got Russ's seat - they rocked! I was way surprised at how great they sounded. The drummer dude was pretty freaky looking, but both Eddie and David looked awesome and they were both into going shirtless. I found myself watching David Lee Roth thinking, wow, Teri went to the VMAs with him....that's so cool! And I can totally picture it :) Our friend Teri mentioned that awhile ago like it was no big deal and so I didn't really think it was. But after having seen them, I'm thinking I need to ask her some more details about that.

So, moral here is - turns out everyone was right, they rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment