Thursday, May 29, 2008

Mmm, Tom

I can't believe it took me this long to post this - but holy cow, I get to go see Tom Waits in concert again! When we were living in Minneapolis (in sin, prior to marriage), Tom did one of his rare tours in 1999 and we were lucky enough to get to go. It was my best concert EVER. I think I watched the whole thing with my mouth open and a goofy grin on my face, he does that to me... We only have to drive as far as St. Louis, that's not too bad. It could have been worse, it could have been Phoenix.

Here is his press conference announcing this itty bitty tour, its awsome!!!

Its just a few short weeks away, and I am so pumped. Diddly doo is also a BIG fan of the Tom, so she is going to carpool with us down there - she's more of a fun-haver then we are, so she's going to stay in the city and party while we high-tale it back here to get our dogs out of hock and continue work on the house.

Sigh....work on the house. One side is almost all the way done being painted. I remember old boss-man being teased about how long it takes to paint a house and turns out, it really does take a long time. 'specially when said house is a freaking behemoth. But what is painted looks absolutely beautiful. The front of the house project is somewhat done, we've got stairs now. We just don't have a soffit, and suddenly have a hole in our front porch floor - but I'm not going to talk about that :) Instead, I'm going to just breathe, and think of Tom....

No comments:

Post a Comment