Wednesday, June 25, 2008

A bun? In the oven? Us?


That's right - we got ourselves a bun in the oven, just a cooking away! We're totally pregnant!! :)

I'm 14 weeks along now so we're out of the woods so to speak and are able to tell everyone our good news. I actually found out back on April 21st. I'd been feeling really crummy and finally went to the doctor, my diagnosis was bronchitis and a baby. LOL

So far, the friends and family we've told have been a little more than surprised. We'd been so anti-baby for so long. But actually we were secretly on the baby wagon talking stages for about a year now. Started trying for a baby the 1st of this year, so we did pretty good, didn't take us long at all. Guess you'd call us fertile! Old, but fertile.

We've seen the little critter in there, have heard it's heartbeat and so far all is well. The first ultrasound we had was really wild. As soon as the lady got the image up on the screen we could see arms and legs flailing like crazy, it was totally dancing in there. The second ultrasound it was pretty still except for the hiccups. Who knew fetuses could get the hiccups? How funny... And, other than being completely exhausted and unable to keep my eyes open at times, I'm doing really well. I haven't had any morning sickness at all!! I think people are almost disappointed when they hear me tell them that. But then they seem to feel better when I add, oh I do sometimes feel a little nauseous. Usually it passes though within minutes, and I'm hungry again. In fact, I would like some mashed potatoes right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment