Wednesday, July 23, 2008

A Henry Story

Its been awhile, so its time for another little baby Henry story. Actually, we're going to have to stop calling him that, because I think he may be a 20 pounder now...he's neither little, nor a baby anymore.

So, working on the house, all the screens have been taken off to be scraped, repaired, painted, and re-screened. I did my part - I painted them all! But because we're screen-less, I went and got a few of those temporary expandable screens to put in the windows. This story is from maybe a month or so ago, because if was fairly comfortable outside and I wanted the windows open - now its just hot and I want the air on :)

Anyway, I'm in the kitchen ready to put in my first temporary screen and Henry jumps up onto the counter to see what I'm doing. He pays very close attention to my every move. At the time, I thought weird, its almost like he is studying me -but whatever. So I open the window, insert the screen, expand it out to the right width and then pull the window down on top of the screen. Turns out the window is a just a titch wider than the screen, so it didn't fit super tight, but certainly well enough.

I then move away from the window and am doing something else in the kitchen when I see Henry out of the corner of my eye. I stop what I'm doing to watch him. He went up to the screen, sat down, put a paw out to the screen and tapped. I see him go, tap, tap, tap, slide. Just to reiterate, he tap tapped a couple times on the screen and then slid it open! He WAS studying me!! Freaking cat opened the window. This cat never ceases to amaze me. Even though he has a tendency to be very naughty, he also seems to be brilliant at times.

No comments:

Post a Comment