Monday, July 28, 2008

The crackers, my god the crackers!

I've heard about pregnancy hormones, but its one of those things that you hear and are like, uh-huh whatever. Meaning, I didn't really believe in them. I just thought it was an excuse for women to be really bitchy and just blame it on hormones. K, I believe in them now.

Lance and I had gone out for our now traditional Saturday lunch time bucket 'o shrimp at the Waterfront. You can get a whole big bucket of shrimp there for half price on Saturdays! Awesome deal. There is no better lunch than shrimp and a salad on the side, AND it is very good/healthy for baby. But anyway, Lance had ordered a cup of soup and with the soup they brought this basket of crackers. As we're eating and talking and almost at the end of our meal I start fiddling with the basket of crackers. I had a memory flash of going out to eat with my grandparents and them always either eating the crackers or putting them in their purse to take home. I was telling Lance this and was like, isn't it weird that they used to eat crackers at a restaurant? All of a sudden, with no warning, I burst into tears. The crackers had pushed me over the edge. To be fair, it was the memories of my grandparents, the crackers just triggered it all. I could not get the sobbing under control, it was the kind where you are crying into hiccups and the tears are just streaming down your face. I feel bad for the diners around us, they were probably wondering what on earth had happened to me.

Lance kept talking to me in soothing tones, telling me its okay, its okay. I'm like, you gotta get me out of here. He paid and ushered me outside where I continued to sob and sob. In the car a-ways down the road, I was finally able to pull it together. Holy cow, no more thinking about crackers OR grandparents during this pregnancy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment