Monday, November 3, 2008

More crying

I had my first baby shower this weekend and I was fully prepared to bust into tears at the sight of any cute little baby thing. I was completely surprised that nothing sent me into a crying fit, happy about that, but still surprised. Made me think maybe the hormones had gone away and I had my emotions back under control. I say had because....

Sunday, Lance was doing some serious rooting around in the basement and moving things from 3rd bedroom to basement. In his rooting he found some more of my childhood books. I had already uncovered quite a few that Mom had saved and given to me - Lance has been reading them to my belly :) But Lance came upstairs with some more! I found Duck and His Friends in the newly discovered pile and just completely lost my shit. Bawling and sobbing and not being coherent about anything. Lance had just gone to the other side of the room to put something away and came flying back to me all, what's wrong, are you okay, what happened? All I could get out was, Duck....Duck....Friends..... He very gently took the book from me and was like, OK, lets put Duck back away for now, you can look at it later. 

Mom was always very good about writing on the inside of my books who they were from and what year I got them. This one was from my Dad and I can totally remember him reading it to me, it was one of my most favorite books. I wonder if this is just the normal first year of grieving when you loose a parent or if in my case it is amplified because of being pregnant. Probably a little of both. When we found out we were expecting and did the calendar counting back thing, I was just getting to be a week along when we went home for Dad's funeral...so it just makes this pregnancy all that more special.

I'm going to try and read Duck and His Friends tonight, see if I can make it any further than the front cover. It really is a good one if you can get it opened :)