Sunday, January 11, 2009

2 weeks and counting

I missed the 2 week date, but am pretty close. Hannah is 2 weeks and 3 days old. It's amazing how quickly time flies...even though all it seems like I'm doing it pulling out and putting away the boobs, the days and nights get away from me before I know it. I know some of the seasoned mothers are able to nurse and do things with their hands at the same time - that multi-tasking maneuver will take me awhile to achieve. In fact, there are times when I think I could use an extra hand just to keep her latched on and her flailing limbs out of the way.

Hannah had her 2 week check up on Friday and she weighed 8lbs, 12 ounces. So she gained 8 pounds in the week since her last doctor appointment! That makes me feel great because it means she is nursing well :) One of the tricky parts of nursing is to make sure they're gaining enough weight and that was one of my concerns, but looks like we're doing okay there. Doctor said everything else with her looks excellent, no problems, no concerns. 

Lance goes back to work tomorrow and I'm pretty sad about that. It has been so great having him home with us all day. Partly because it's been a comfort knowing there is another body in the house if I need help with anything. But, mostly because our new little family has had this time to bond together.