Saturday, October 1, 2011

Censored

So, I've had a few different subjects bouncing around in my head lately that I've wanted to write about but I haven't. For the average reader, they'd be something that just makes you say, 'hmm, interesting. But for some, they'd be considered controversial and perhaps even a little offensive.

I brought up one of the topics to Lance this morning. It was really more of an observation about myself and my kids, but he said -nope, I wouldn't write about that at all. I had already come to that conclusion before even mentioning the idea to him. I know though, that there would be plenty of people out there who whole-heartedly agree with what I have to say on the subject. But I also know there would be at least a couple who wouldn' t agree at all and would be upset by it. So, I have censored myself and won't write about that.

Then I brought up another topic I'd been thinking about, another observation and somewhat of a question I've had for a long time. I've been thinking about it more because I was just watching a movie that directly addressed it. But, not really appropriate for me to write about because, I know a few people who would be upset by the mere mention of my question. So, again I've censored myself.

It's getting tricky. I have never considered myself a writer, probably never will. But I do find it enjoyable and at times, very cathartic. I'm one of those people who used to keep a journal, even as I got older and was in college, I journaled. Sometimes just the act of writing something down helps you work through what you need to and sometimes it's just fun to spell out your thoughts. It seems to give them more definition and me more direction as to what it is I'm really thinking about. So, there are just going to have to be some things that are off limits for me. I may think about them and wonder about them and talk about them with Lance, but in the interest of others' feelings, I just can't talk about them in a public forum.

I bet there are a couple of you wondering, wow…what *has* she been thinking about but can't type? Can't tell you ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment