Sunday, November 25, 2007

Christmas casualty #3 and counting...

So I started playing Christmas this weekend, got out our boxes of decorations and lights to make the house festive. Because of having kitties, I know to be a little cautious of what goes out - ie, no more garland. This morning Lance heard a crash and when he got to the dining room both George and Henry were sitting very nonchalant like on the floor looking at the broken plant/pot. In my hope that the kitties would be good, I draped one of those table runners with tassels over a cabinet and had two of our plants with misc. Christmas knick-knacks on top. Apparently the tassels were just too much for them to pass up, I'm not sure if it was one or both, but the mess had kitty written all over it.

This afternoon Henry was in Lance's woodshop helping Lance work the wood and somehow managed to knock over several planks of wood and broke a finished piece that was drying. He didn't even scatter though, just sat and looked at the mess like, huh. Luckily Lance can re-glue what Henry took apart...but still - naughty kitty! I can't say what it was because its a Christmas present Lance is making, but Henry has left his mark on it too.

Just now during supper, Henry was seen toting one of my favorite ornaments around the living room. It is (was) a couple of boxes wrapped like presents with a horn and holly on top. He took the holly off. He's anxious for his presents I think.

I can only imagine what we'll come home to tomorrow seeings how very busy Henry was today. Lance suggested that perhaps Henry become an outside kitty, or maybe even a gift...

No comments:

Post a Comment