Friday, November 16, 2007

My obsession....

I have a few, but this one is about Tom Waits. I absolutely love music (I think everyone should). I couldn't begin to name all the different bands and people I listen to, but it is a pretty wide range. Sometimes when I put my iTunes on shuffle, its funny to hear a Statler Brothers tune followed by Rage Against the Machine...Anyway, back to Tom. I was introduced to Blue Valentine by someone I met in Germany my first time over there. I can remember coming back home and trying to show my mom this cool new tape I got. She thought he sounded old and scratchy and why did I like that?? 

Lance and I were lucky enough to see Tom in concert when we were living in Mpls and it was unbelievable. I loved every minute of it, he makes me giggle. Especially when he throws glitter. My recent preoccupation with Tom is because I'm going to San Francisco in January and would love nothing more than to just bump into him on the street. I've done a little digging and found his home listed on the county assessor's site....that's a bit stalker-esque though, hmm. I'll have to let it go, stay in the city, don't stalk, and enjoy his music through my iPod. 


No comments:

Post a Comment