Sunday, November 18, 2007

A thief in the house

Its a common thing for people to mis-place socks, especially during the days of doing laundry at the laundry mats. But we've had in-home laundry now for years and would still occasionally loose a sock here and there. This last year though, we've mis-placed a crazy amount of socks. Just this evening as we were folding clothes, I had 6 un-matched socks! Its not like I paired up the wrong ones or anything, my socks are pink or striped or whatever and obviously only have one mate.

I blame the gray one, aka, Henry. He has a sick sock fetish... pretty much every day when we come home from work there will be a sock on the kitchen floor, living room floor, stairway, maybe even in the bathroom. We pick them up and throw them back down the laundry shoot to the basement. I know it isn't Franklin, he's in his kennel all day long, and I know it isn't Eleanor, she's afraid to nudge the basement door open. It has to be George or Henry and since Henry has been seen carrying razors, glasses, sponges, etc through the house, I blame him for my missing socks. Somewhere he has a secret stash. I have yet to see him with a sock in his mouth toting it around the house, but I'm sure he thinks it is great kill.

No comments:

Post a Comment