Friday, September 19, 2008

Sympathy Heartburn

So, along with being swollen, I've also had a lot of heartburn lately. Its a very strange feeling for me because I think in all my 33 years, I've had heartburn maybe twice. But for the last 3-4 weeks I've had it more often than I've not had it. And it can be an all day feeling that by this time I'm almost used to. That's just wrong. 

Lance has had a tummy ache most of the days this week that then turns into heartburn. This morning he had a revelation as we were getting ready for work. He's like, you know, I never get heartburn - I think I'm getting sympathy heartburn!! I was conflicted between feeling sorry for him that he also had to feel the pain and annoyance of heartburn and laughing because, really, sympathy heartburn? LOL :) 

I would have to agree though, he probably is getting sympathy heartburn. He has gone through the sympathy weight gain and sympathy tiredness...it only makes sense he'd get other symptoms too. Wonder what his sympathy labor will be like?