Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Baby scare

I'll start off with baby is OK. But we spent a few hours at the hospital yesterday with me hooked up to some baby watching monitor. The doctor had the machine on for what seemed like forever and then says he wasn't getting the results he wanted to see. He was able to get the heartbeat (whew!) but wasn't seeing 'spikes' like they like to see. ?? So, he sent me over for an ultrasound. The ultrasound was totally reassuring. We could see baby moving around all over the place in there, she was opening and closing her fists, moving her legs, her arms...everything looked really good.

I'd called the doctor because starting the end of last week things weren't feeling right. She had been in the habit of moving and kicking me about every 20 minutes or so. Suddenly that stopped and I wasn't feeling her moving like I had been. With much cooing and poking and prodding, we were able to get a little whoof out of her each night but after a whole weekend of the same I was just a little too worried to not call the doctor. 

It is still really strange though, that all the movement we were seeing on the screen, I wasn't able to feel. Doctor said she must have gotten herself into some weird position that was muffling her movements to me. She must have flipped herself around again already because today I've been feeling her more again like normal. It took me so long to get used to feeling her moving inside of me that when it wasn't there, I really missed it!