Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Nothing in particular

I find I'm becoming more and more scatter-brained. Yes, I realize I've always had a touch of "the blondies", but since being pregnant, it is just amplified. It is hard to use my words, I loose focus on what I'm doing, I daydream when someone is talking to me. From what I read, this is normal. Just another one of those perks of pregnancy. 

I have my first baby shower in a couple weeks, I'm really excited! And one of the best parts of it is that I will hopefully get a cake from Lovejoy's. They are who we used for our wedding cake (Oh, so long ago) and we loved loved it and I've thought of their cakes over the years but could never justify getting one. Now that I'm having a baby shower though, I think that counts as a special occasion. I've brought it up to Carol a couple times so I think she knows I really really want it. lol

Lance is almost, really almost done with the outside of the house. The summer project has unfortunately dragged on and on. With him doing the bulk of the work by himself, I can understand why he's tired of working on it. He's had a helpful hand from others here and there, but it has mostly been him and I can see how burned out he is. I'm hopeful that he'll get it all finished up by the end of this weekend. Because once that is done and no longer a worry, we can move our (his) focus to the baby room!

I'm so anxious to get started on the baby room, its all I can think about. He emptied it out of all the storage crap we'd piled in there and now we're just piling gift bags of baby clothes in there. We did have an electrician come last week and do some wiring for us, so that room now has an actual light switch on the wall - imagine! And the electrician put in our light fixture for us too, but of course with that little bit of work he did came more work for Lance. Some mudding and sanding to do before he can paint. But at least we've already got the ceiling and trim paint done in that room, we're just changing the wall color. Hopefully it will go quickly so we (I) can start building the room :)