Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Snoring?

I'll admit it, I will occasionally breathe a little heavy while sleeping - it is so dainty though, not many would really call it a snore. More like, light puffs of air.

Turns out though, yet another fabulous perk of being knocked up is the snoring. 3rd trimester snores get louder and more frequent because of some medical reason I googled. Something about your nose membranes swelling...great. Everything else is swelling, why not my nose membranes too?

The last few nights Lance has woken me up to tell me I'm snoring, and I'm snoring LOUDLY. Every time, I'm just incredulous, like really? Me? I'm snoring? Oh geez, I'm really sorry. Then I guess I fall right back asleep and turn on the snores again. LOL - Last night was just too much for him to handle, he woke me up again to tell me I was snoring and that he was going to go downstairs to sleep on the couch. 

This morning he tells me that I was snoring so loudly, he could hear me through the floor! OMG, that is pretty appalling. I wonder what our renter thinks? Hopefully he just thinks it is one of the dogs. But Lance had pillows over his head trying to block out my snores while the heat-seeking kitties were crawling on him looking for a good lay down spot. The 3rd cat was puking her way around the couch, Lance could hear her getting sick so he had to keep getting up to clean it up. Listening to him retell last night's events this morning I felt so bad for him. Poor thing, he just wanted some sleep and he looks like he didn't get ANY sleep. 

As I type it all out, I can't help but giggle because it does sound pretty funny. But I do feel for him, I know what its like to not get good sleep. There are nights when baby just won't let me, she's found that she is able to reach some special spot in me that is attached to my sciatic nerve - she is either gnawing on it or bouncing on it. Either way, it sends shooting pains down my leg and that is pretty hard to sleep through. 

People say this is just preparing us for all those supposed nights ahead when baby is out and we're not able to sleep. I say we're going to get a baby that likes to sleep through the night :)