Thursday, September 15, 2011

Dear Sweet Eliza

Oh little Eliza, I can't believe you are already 24 weeks old…your official six month birthday is less than a couple weeks away. I learned with Hannah how quickly time flies, but I must say knowing this didn't make it any easier with you. I wish I could slow down the clock, just a little and enjoy these sweet little moments of yours even more.


As I'm writing this, I'm looking at you bouncing up and down in your bouncy chair, smiling at me like I am your whole world. I know it's just a matter of time before your world expands and I'm only a small piece of it. I am so lucky to have you and I am grateful for every day that we get to spend together. Someday when you're older, I'll tell you the story of how you came into our lives an entire month early, so very unexpectedly.

Your coos and your smiles have reminded me to slow down and enjoy a quiet moment when I can. I love when we lay down together and talk. You look at me with such love in your eyes and listen to my every word, cooing back for all you are worth. When I look at you, I am reminded of your Daddy. I see so much of him in you, from your easy going nature to your beautiful smile.

One of my favorite times of day is when you have woken up and are just laying in your crib contentedly chattering away. You don't ever wake up screaming, you wake up gently and happily and I love that. I'll listen to you talking to the toes you have just caught for a couple minutes before I come in. And as you see me coming in your room, your whole face lights up with pure joy. I scoop you up for a snuggle and you burrow right down into my neck, snuggling me back.

I always wondered how parents were able to spread the love around when there is more than one child and now I know. You are so different and yet so similar to your sister, but I love you for you. You are my Eliza Claire.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, Dee. I'm so happy for all of you to be recognizing and remembering these moments.

    ReplyDelete