Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Disclaimer

Back when I initially started this blog (in 2007!) I probably posted some sort of disclaimer but I'm not sure and don't feel like weeding back through old posts. In case I did not though, today's post will be about ground rules and disclaimers and what to expect and not expect from my writing.

This blog is not about you. You may think it is, you may wonder…"is she talking about me?" I am not. Unless I refer to you by name, I am not. Any resemblance of description or actions is purely coincidental.

I enjoy blogging, it gives me an opportunity to practice my writing skills which allows me to get paid for my other, more topic-driven articles.

Before I had children, I used to blog about my pets. Now that I have two beautiful girls, they will most often be the topic of my posts. At times, I may want to blog about what I did the day before or plan to do this week. I may also want to blog about someone or something that recently pissed me off. I get to do that, it's my blog. There may be a day that I can't think of anything to blog about and so may venture down memory lane and tell you a story from years past. Or there may be a day when I think, I'm just too tired and don't want to write today, so I won't. Again, it's my blog.

This blog will not be full of fluffy posts that are aimed at pleasing everyone. That is not me, nor my style. I tend to be pretty sarcastic, I get that from my Dad. I also call it like I see it. You may not enjoy or necessarily agree with my humor, in which case, I suggest you just move on and stop reading. You may feel compelled to comment, that's cool. I may not feel as compelled to comment back though ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment